Wednesday, October 21

What about "Sam"

I'll get right to it...

Yesterday, I was 5 minutes late picking Trin up from Kindergarten. She is waiting in the office with a few other kids who were also waiting for their forgetful busy mothers to come get them.

She is not sitting with the other children though. She is in the staff lounge, "yukin' it up" with the Vice Principal, and one of the third grade teachers. They are laughing. They seem amused.
Instantly, I'm nervous.
I wait for a moment, they glance up at me... and then, sure enough, it happens... 
I got the dreaded  "wink and smile"  
Now, as all you moms know, the "wink and smile" usually means that your sweet child has most likely shared one of your most private and embarassing moments of motherhood. 

Trinity see's me, quickly gathers her things, says goodbye to her new "friends"...

"That's quite the little girl you have there" says Mr. Vice Principal guy.
I turn and smile. It's not a real smile, mind you... it's the "oh my gawd what did she say?? " kind of smile.
"Oh yeah, she keeps me laughing".  I reply.
"I'll bet"
Yup, right there.  There it is.  "I'll bet"??? I don't even want to know.  START THE CAR!!!

Fast forward ~ driving home:

"So...How was your day?"

"It was just great!"

"Really, what did you do?"  (Awww, that's nice.  She had a good day.)


"I kissed Sam"

"You did hey?"  (SAM??? Again with SAM??? Who the hell is this kid? )

"Ya, he liked it. Then, you know, he kinda like ~ well, he kissed me back"

"Uh huh. I see. Well, who doesn't like kisses hey?"  (Let's see how much he likes it when I rip his little lips off and staple them to his  Optimus Prime backpack)

"And then, ya know what??? He kissed Maddie too "

"Oh, really."  (This kid gets around. Again... who the HELL IS SAM??? Is he that little red-headed kid?... I bet he's the little red-headed kid!!! )

" Yup.  Then Maddie kissed him back.  And then, I kissed him again. Then Maddie kissed him. Then he kissed Maddie.  Then Maddie kissed me, and I kissed her. Then we both kissed Sam again."










"Well, sounds like your day was just a big "kissy-fest".  (Sounds like your day was just a big, kissy-fest freakin' ORGY!!!!)

"Yeah.  I think I'm going to like this school thing." 

"Well, my little kiss-monster, I'm glad you're liking school." ( I wonder how you'll like being homeschooled while chained in the basement till your 30?)

"Can we go McDonalds for supper? "

"I don't see why not." ( Oh good, we're done talking about Sam... )

 " Yayayayay...  Sam said he's gonna be there."

"Um, no.  I forgot.  We're having BEANS for supper."

54 comments:

Priscila said...

oh my gosh ur daughter is so funny!! I love your blog and this kissy story is sooooooooo funny
If you would like come check out my site for a giveaway: littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
xo
Priscila

That One Mom said...

LMAO!! Oh, Trinity kills me!!! I'm with you on the homeschooled til 30 thing... I keep telling The Girl that may be her fate.

carma said...

Sam sounds like quite the playa!!

amanda said...

too freakin' funny!
love the way you wrote it!

and the, 'oh I forgot, we are having beans for dinner' about made me pee myself!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Liz beans, perhaps???

amanda said...

that's right, blame the red head (huge eye roll).

btw, i added your button to my site - either you didn't used to have one or i thought i had it but didn't (?) who knows... it is there now!

EcoMeg said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

KA said...

So innocent. She has no idea that she is making me want to rip a kids lips off. LOL!

FeliciaE said...

OMG This is soooo gonne be my girls. So cute...although I agree with ripping Sams multi kissing lips off . =)

Lisa said...

hysterical! Kiss-fests at her age!? Once my three daughters got it in their heads that kissing might be a good time, I dissuaded them by (and this only works on girls) telling them that BOYS PICK THEIR NOSE AND EAT IT!! Okay, not fair to do that, I know. But it did keep them away from boys' tongues well into their teen years!

kys said...

Sam is Da Man!

otin said...

Ummm? What ever happened to cooties? I don't think that girls stopped having cooties until I was in second grade! haha!

blueviolet said...

omg, all that kissing, that's just too funny! That's the makings of a movie right there. (not a good one though so let's go with the chained in the basement plan)

Amo said...

That is too cute! I remember being that age and playing kiss chase or strip chase! I know, second graders playing strip chase. But, we did. If we got caught we had to lift up our shirt and flash everybody. It was innocent and we didn't have boobs yet, but I think about it today and think, "Holy Crap, I played strip chase in second grade!" yikes. Makes me scared for my kids.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

oh boy. I think we should get someone from the Sopranos to have a little chat with Sam and set him straight! ::smile, wink::

shannon said...

I just found your blog, and I LOVE this post! So adorable.

mudmama said...

Okay you are totally cracking me up! But what the hell did she say to the vice-principal, the suspense is killin' me!! Ever find out??
BTW, I gave ya a "one lovely blog" award in case ya wanna grab it-- should be one hysterical blog, tho :)

Pineapple Princess said...

Oh my gosh! That is the funniest story ever! You daughter sounds like a doll!

The K Family said...

What a precious little girl you have there. Sounds like things are getting pretty serious with this Sam guy. :)

Chef Eureka said...

Hehehehe too funny. Kids are such a wealth of entertainment :)

Yay for beans for dinner. Everyone will get to enjoy them again the next day!

One Chic Mommy said...

That is hilarious!!! I so know the dreaded "what did they tell today" feeling. This week is red ribbon week at my son's school, when I asked him it meant he say's " say no to drugs oh yeah and beer." He then looks at me and says " mom... you drink beer!" No I don't, I replied. He then says well you drink wine, I seen it....
I can only imagine what he said in class when they discussed this, the horror!

Ann On and On... said...

Too funny! Your side thoughts had me rolling.

Welcome to SITS!

Tanya said...

lol this had me rolling! Kids are something else I tell you. I have
an award waiting for you on my blog!
Please come and accept it. Thanks!

Maven said...

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite line: "Well, sounds like your day was just a big "kissy-fest". (Sounds like your day was just a big, kissy-fest freakin' ORGY!!!!)

Nice to meet you. I will definitely be back.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

OMG, hilarious! Seriously, TOO much. Chained in the basement, bwah hahaha!

btw, I finally posted the awards you gave me! Thank you so much!!!

Theta Mom said...

Sam sounds like a little player!!! Too funny!

Monique - Resident Mommy said...

I'm worried that my boy will become a 'Sam.'

I'm impressed with how cool you played your response, not making a big deal of it all.

Nikki said...

OMG I just choked on my breakfast. That's the best post I've read in a while. I love it!! I totally have you attitude about that. I'd be stalking this Sam kid if I was you!

blueviolet said...

Is everything ok over there? Just wanted to check since you haven't posted in 5 days or so. =)

Alice Audrey said...

I kept waiting for you to say Sam is a dog.

beth♥ said...

That may be the greatest thing I've read all week.

Ann said...

My oldest is in 6th grade now and she started the year by saying that she "needed a boyfriend". WHAT?!?

Stop the kissing! Stop the growing up! ;->

Great story Michele.

Kelly said...

Very funny, I found your blog through The Moms Blog!!!

NathanRising said...

Oh wow! Kids and the funny things they say... and do!! The kissy-fest was hilarious. You handled it well!
-Jen

Tanya said...

Hey where are you?
I have another award waiting
for you on my blog! Come and
accept it Please! Thanks!

sheila said...

OMG, that is such a cute story! lol. KIDS!

!!The Obnoxious SAHM!! said...

LMAO so funny! I LOVED this post!

Can't wait to hear more about this Sam kid. LOL

mudmama said...

Hey girl! I am with Blueviolet wondering where you are! Hope everything is groovy! xo

Rachel said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

otin said...

Are you doing ok??

greedygrace said...

LOL!!! Let's get together a lynch mob and go after Sam!

Christine said...

Michele! Where are you? We miss you muches!

Eve said...

Hi! Hope you're still around and about! was just getting into reading your blog!

There is a blog award for you to pick up over at mine when you are ready!

Kitty Moore said...

That is hilarious!Have similar moments with my daughter...it gets worse, trust me (Mia is nine). I'm thinking of investing in a lie detector for future potential boyfriends (in Meet The Parents style..)

Thanks for the giggle.

Fairy Footprints said...

I love your blog.

Your pictures are all so wonderful stop over and see me sometime.


Blessings,
Heidi

ModernMom said...

Too cute! LOL It's going to be a long and interesting ride:)

Thought I would let you know I finally posted my PIMP award!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Pssst...where have you been? You've been so quiet lately. Hope all is well with you :)

Kristen K. said...

Sounds like your little girl is curious. Lol. Looks like you're handling it well though. Hehe.

If you'd like to check out my blog the link is http://looking4sun.blogspot.com

:-)

Aimie said...

Lets hope Sam is the class pet! Maybe a puppy sharing sloppy wet kisses with the munchkins? That must be it? LOL! You are a great writer! Love the story!

amanda said...

I miss reading your blog.
hope things are ok...

Tanya said...

Hey! Where are you Hun? Are you Ok?

SAHM-I-AM said...

Hilarious post! I'm not sure if I should be glad I have boys or completely terrified. Your daughter sounds like a ton of fun.

Lori said...

That is hilarious! Thank you for sharing...My daughter has a little boy she likes to hold hands with. you have me worried now. No mention of sharing him with another just yet though. Thank goodness! She's only 7.
Have a great day. Hopefully a little less Sam filled.

Lori

otin said...

I hope that you have been doing ok?