Wednesday, November 25

Peanut Butter Cookies and Reincarnation

It was getting late.  Trinity was freshly bathed, in her Sponge-Bob
pyjama's, and I, in my Betty Boop's.
The bedtime snack is usually milk and cookies.  I absolutely love this part of the day, because it means that very soon, I will have the house to myself  some great snuggle time for her and I.
All is calm, all is peaceful.

She is making herself some chocolate milk, while I open the cookie jar to find, much to our horror, it's empty. Neither of us can remember who ate the last one, so we just stood there, giving each other the "suspicious eye".

Quick thinker that I am. . . I decide we have time to make a quick batch of peanut butter cookies before bed.  Nothing like warm, fresh, peanut butter cookies.  Now, before you go all  "Wow, Michele, you're so amazing" on me ~ Let me clarify. . .  I turn on the oven, rip open a package, then dump and stir.
I do not "make" anything.








Trinity loves to crack eggs; and she's pretty good at it.  So, there we were, cracking eggs, telling knock-knock jokes (oh, puh-leeez tell me when that phase will end? Or at least when they will start making sense!)  Then all of a sudden, right out of the blue,

"Momma, do you know what my favorite cookie to bake is? "
"No, Darlin.  What is your favorite?" ( and when the hell did you decide to start calling me "MOMMA") 
"Oatmeal Raisin"
"Oh, really... when did you make oatmeal raisin cookies?  ( WTF? you don't even like raisins!)
"Oh, ya know, when I was Rosa's mommy, we used to make them all the time."
"I'm sorry, when you were. . .  who?"  ( I'm sorry, when you were . . . who?)
"When I was a mommy before I came here:  This IS my third time, ya know."
"Oh, I didn't know that.  Three times, hey?"  ( Um.... this could be a good blog post)
"Yep, three times.  Did you know that when we die, we come back in someone else's tummy?"
"Oh, really?  Who told you that?"  (It better not be SAM !!!! )
"Nobody TOLD me, I just know.  Pfft, everybody knows that. Sometimes you get to stay in the same family, but sometimes you can switch"
"Oh, I see.  That's soo cool. "  (  Wha?? Why couldn't you have said,  SAM?)
"Yep.  Don't you remember?  Last time, I was your grandma, but you weren't you... you were Amelia."
"No sweetie, I"m sorry.  I don't remember being, Amelia.  But, I bet you were an awesome grandma."
"It's okay, it was a long time ago."


And that was that, and nothing more. 
We ate our peanut butter cookies, nice and warm. Washed them down with some milk, and now she is fast asleep. 
 I, however, am sitting here, still trying to get the hair on the back
of my neck to stop tingling.

21 comments:

Eve said...

oooooooo freaky. Nice to have you back as well btw.

SugarBritches said...

Geeze! What a way to end an evening. Kids are generally more aware of the workings of the universe than we are, so Trinity just might be on to something.

EcoMeg said...

That is some story! Very cool kid you've got there.

Susie said...

Kids say the darnedest things:-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such sweet comments. I hope to see you back there soon:-)

Amy said...

Those cookies look amazing. I love putting the little one to bed and having some free time too.

Lisa said...

THAT is creepy! How weird. You should have her expand on the stories any time she's telling them and record them ... then RESEARCH them to see if anything she's saying could be true! I would so totally be all over that -- but then I'd probably creep out my kid and they'd shut up, never to share their previous life stories again. (Maybe you should secretly RECORD her ...!)

Very interesting ...

Matty said...

I have heard and read about stories just like this one. Kids who have information about people that can actually be verified. Information that a child of that age couldn't possibly know. I would have had the hairs on my neck standing up too.

I love peanut butter anything. I bet they were delicious.

Enjoy the holidays.

Ali (OneChicMommy) said...

Whoa... great post! Very interesting conversation, how awesome would that be if you actually found what she was telling you to actually have happened. Children are amazing, we should listen to closely and more often has they may very hold the keys to understanding life and the way it works.

Those cookies look delish! Now I am craving warm peanut butter cookies.

The K Family said...

She really is just too darn cute for words!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

I'll let you know when the knock, knock joke phase passes...it's also driving me nuts. Apparently, the less sense they make, the more hilarious they are. We also have about a zillion variations of "Why did the chicken cross the road?" "To get his UNDERPANTS" followed by hysterical laughter. It's a riot.

Love the story. Nick says things like that a lot. Although not as much as he did. I was going to do a post about it someday. He always talks about his "old grandpa that died in the barn" or he will mention his "old mom". Interesting stuff.

otin said...

Man, I need her to give me some story ideas! What an imagination!!

Christine said...

Wow Michele. Are your little hairs still sticking up?? Geeeesh, mine are!
I'm laughing b/c I keep writing stuff, and backspacing it all, trying to make sense of it...LOL.
Guess some things aren't meant to be analyzed...just gotta take it for what it's worth.
Maybe she'll tell you some more while it's still fresh in her memory. Let us know, okay??
It's our Thanksgiving tomorrow....lot's of stuffing and potatoes for me. Can't wait:) Take care!!

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

Kids say the strangest things. This is actually cute lol.

Coupon Clippin' Mommy said...

I'm following from MBC. I hope you will check out my blog when you get a chance.

Janie B said...

Wow! She is very insightful. I don't think she could come up with something like that on her own, do you? That's a fascinating subject to me.

mudmama said...

OMG!!! I was totally getting chills reading that. I would like to see where else she goes with all of that! Like, where did Amelia live, etc. That is amazing that she came out with all of that, totally fascinating!
I have tried tapping into little mans subconsious but the most he has given me is that he "died in the water" YIKES!!!! And he IS totally freaked out by swimming so I dunno.

That One Mom said...

That is truly amazing. It is also somethin in which I totally believe. You should definately write this stuff down when she says it.

Remarkable girl you've got there. (But you already knew that, didn't you?)

Tanya said...

Wow, I have heard before that we all incarnate several times on this earth, many times within the same family.
According to Sylvia Browne, Children are readily able to remember details about their past lives. I agree with Lisa, record the facts she tells you then research them!

Lisa said...

Okay........ H-O-L-Y F-*-&-K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!!!!! I always knew she was the MOST tuned in E-V-E-R. Not that it's suprising, seriously, woman's... look who her mother/grandma/sister is.

WOW. A-mazing.

pinklilybit said...

That is so interesting! I really believe the kids have a closer connection to the spiritual world than we adults do, its that innocence I guess. My daughter often talks about dreams where she talks to her Papa, who passed away when she was 2, she talks about the "birdies" that come with Papa, and how they scare her, but they are nice. I keep trying to get more out of her but she always shuts down when I push. Keep an ear out for that stuff, it can be really amazing!

magda said...

Definitely continue recording her stories if no where else but in your blog. They are significant regardless of validity or provability. I swear my older boy is always right. He remembers everything and when he tells me something that conflicts with my understanding or memory. I refrain completely, fact check, and to date always find him to be accurate. Kids know the truth. They are perceptive and vulnerable ...and especially fortunate when they have a parent who is as interested and enamored as you. Cookies: what a fun little ritual. Rituals are also great gifts to our children...unless they suck like they did in our house.