Monday, December 7

Flashback

Just a little something I wanted to share.
You might remember this summer I had a garage sale.  A few friends got together and hosted one at my place as a fundraiser for breast cancer.  We also had a bake sale at the same time. My friend, her sister, and mother KNOCKED themselves out baking for this special event. It was a huge success.

Trinity wanted to do a lemonade stand, and cookies. So, we baked some butterfly cookies and sold lemonade that day as well. Long story short, she decided to donate all of her money ($25) to the "sore boobies" as well. Word got around, and people starting matching her donation. It was called "Trinity's Lemonade Challenge"
 She raised just over $500 for breast cancer. It was overwhelming. The local paper got wind of this, and did a story on her.  You can read it HERE .

The story ran, but they didn't have room for the pictures that they took, which disappointed Trinity terribly. The journalist who wrote the story was kind enough to send me copies of the pics. So, thought I would share them with you. 
































(photos courtesy Covy Moore, City View)

10 comments:

my little world said...

such a great story. I know you are proud of her.

blueviolet said...

That is such a sweet story! She can and should be so proud of herself. What a memory!

That One Mom said...

I think you have an amazing, beautiful daughter, Michele. And after knowing you, I'm confident I know EXACTLY from where she gets it. ;)

The K Family said...

What a precius precious little girl you have there. She has such a big heart! She must get it from her mom.

magda said...

Sweet sensitive little Trinity. From cursing Santa to curing cancer. Just when you think you know a person.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

I totally remember the story. What special pictures. Thanks for sharing. You should feel extremely proud!

CanadianMama said...

These are great pictures!! Still think it's such a cool story!!

Janie B said...

Sweet Trinity...beautiful face, beautiful soul.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

What a great story and great pictures.

You've done well! :)

kys said...

Great story and a beautiful picture! You guys look so much alike.