Thursday, December 31

New Years Eve - That's a wrap!!!!

What did you do in 2009 that you haven't done since having a child?
Showered 2 days in a row







Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Okay... let's get something straight.  New Year's resolutions = setting myself up for failure. 
So, NO and NO.
Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, the gophers that live on the hill behind my house.
Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, two goldfish and a butt ugly sucker fish.  Seriously, how long does a five year old cry over a "dead-fish"???
What countries did you visit?
None. I never leave the house.
What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?










What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The time I showered two days in a row,
The time I slept through the night.
What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Living to see this day
What was your biggest failure?
Bahahahaha, not gonna answer that one.
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Broke my humerous in half last February, which is NOT so HUMOROUS at all.  Took 7 months to heal, 5 months of physio and a years worth of really good painkillers to use it again properly.










Whose behavior merited celebration?
Trinity's fundraising efforts for Breast Cancer
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Trinity's need to express that I am a JERK!!!  (LOL)
Where did most of your money go?
Bills ( Le sigh)
What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Sleeping through the night, and yep...... showering two days in a row!!
What song will always remind you of 2009?
Kidz Bop version of  "Like Whoa" aka "rollercoaster ride"...
(will shoot myself if I EVER hear that song again!)
Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
Happier(pain killers),  way thinner (stress),  and much poorer, but don't really care about the money on account of the fact that I have good drugs, and i'm skinnier!!!
What do you wish you’d done more of?










What do you wish you’d done less of?
Listening to Kidz Bop CD's and watching Spongebob
How did you spend Christmas?
In a fog of sleep depravation with Trinity and her Dad.  Oh, and starting a fight with her Dad's brother during Christmas dinner. 
Did you fall in love in 2009?
LMAO..... Wooo, that's funny.
What was your favorite TV program?
Anything that didn't have Spongebob in it.
Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
Spongebob
What was the best book you read?
LOL.... a book?? Like, a real book; with chapters and everything???
What was your greatest musical discovery?
That the "Little People" actually made a Christmas CD









What did you want and get?
One word ~ Pyjama's....
What did you want and not get?
A wife
What was your favorite film of this year?
Anything that didn't have Spongebob in it.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 41.  I can't remember what I did ~  OMG I seriously can't remember!!!
What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?









AND










But, Seriously...
I had a great year, despite the ups and downs we all face.  I truly feel blessed everyday of my life for all that I have, all the wonderful friends and family who make everything worth while, and for the amazing young lady Trinity is growing into everyday. This year was filled with amazing experiences too numerous to mention. 
Life is good. 

Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year filled with laughter and love. 
I really do have some of the best followers, and I am so thankful for all the wonderful people I have met along the way!!!  Thank you for making my bloggy world so much fun.
And so, my friends, I leave you with this:

Every new year people make resolutions to change aspects of themselves they believe are negative. A majority of people revert back to how they were before and feel like failures.
This year I challenge you to a new resolution.
I challenge you to just be yourself.
~ Aisha Elderwyn

See ya all next year!!!!

13 comments:

otin said...

You are on a bloggy marathon here! I got a kick out of your answers! You have that dry sense of humor that I like. Also, quite a few of your answers, if tweeked a bit, could be answers that I might give!

Trinity, you need to stop, now! :( hehe

Happy New Year!

Christine said...

Yup....That's a wrap alright! On to a great 2010...may all the good things that came your way this year be doubled! (that's at least four days of showers & full-night's of sleep for you:)

Happy New Year!!

Brian Miller said...

oh, you know you love kidz bop...lol. enjoyed your meme and wish you a wonderful new year!

beth♥ said...

I snorted at the "wife" answer... but there may actually be coffee splatter on my computer screen from that picture of Spongebob. I'm not saying there is. I'm not saying there isn't. But, it's possible. =) I'm ready to kick 2009 in the ass. C'mon new decade... watcha got?

JennyMac said...

Great answers...and as a Mom of a toddler I can gleefully say that SpongeBob will never make his way into this house. The pic of him face down in the puddle? PERFECT.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Love it! That picture of "ponge-pob" made me snort. ;) hee hee. I hate the guy. Seriously. I try to quickly change the channel before she realizes he might appear! Love the quote. I'll try to remember it as I set some "goals" for myself moving forward. Happy New Year!

Stuff could always be worse said...

I loved all your answers, funny and true. Yes you are blessed!
kim

magda said...

You rocked The Wife and Sponge Bob. Seriously, did you take SB pic or find it on the web? Priceless. It was icing for your already hysterical post.

In 09, I thought of Euthanizing my dog multiple times daily. Prior to kids, he was my soul mate and companion.

Lisa said...

I'm so happy you share your blessings with us via this blog. You're a hoot and make me smile every time I click your way!

Love the quote at the end!

Happy 2010 to you!

Janie B said...

Best wishes for numerous showers and sleep-filled nights in 2010!

Amo said...

Ohmigosh, I laughed out loud of that picture with Spongebob face down in the dirt. That was hilarious! And I don't think I have showered two days in a row since my son was born 16 months ago. So, I applaud you! Maybe next year you can do that twice! Happy New Year to you! And I think I am going to do that quiz too!

Sabrina said...

I loved your "wife" answer. Oh, and admitting to starting a fight was hilarious as well.

Thanks for reminding us how important it is to be ourselves ~ perfect way to start off and end a new year!

Happy New Year!

Together We Save said...

Stumbled on your blog from another... love it. Just wanted to say Happy New Year!!