Wednesday, December 9

These boots are made for walkin'

It was a day.

I was called a "Jerk" by my sweet, loving, miracle baby, let's donate money to cancer, I hate Santa, can I haz cookies now, thoughtful, love of my life, angel I call Trinity.
A JERK ~ people!!!!!  
She called me a JERK ~ twice!!!
All I can say is I'm glad I did "not" eat all her candy.

Next up, we're running late, which "never" happens in our house ~ ever!  I frantically run out to start the car. Nothing.  Click, click, click.  It's only like -135 degrees celsius ( that's - 4000 for my american friends) I shouldn't have to plug it in, right??
After a mild panic attack. My only option was to (gasp) walk the block and a half to school ( uphill both ways, of course). Then, do the trek all over again 3 hours later.  Yes, I really do drive my car a block and a half to school.

~ Then, while layering up for the long hike, I decide it may be wise to wear something warmer than running shoes, so I quickly grab my winter boots out of the garage (where my car should be) .  Something felt funny under my big toe. No time to check... must get loving daughter to school.

Get home, check said boots, and what falls out (to my horror) ~ wait for it...... a giant, scrunched up, Spider!  NOT EVEN KIDDING! I mean, it was huge.  HUGE, I tell ya!!!


















Okay, maybe not big as a german shepard huge, but still.....

Note to self:  Next year, when pulling out a pair of smelly footwear,  check for dead gigantic insects.  Or better yet, plug in your dumb-ass car, and wear flip-flops all year round!!!


18 comments:

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Oh, EW! I have chills. And not from the snowy weather!!

mama-face said...

Which is exactly why I shake my shoes out (the ones in the garage) before I will put them on. Been through the spider thing...and many years ago it was a MOUSE.

Thank you for converting the temperature. Very Helpful.

Lisa said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I hope it really was DEAD before you inserted your foot. Yuck!

I, too, now regularly shake out my shoes before putting them on. And my clothes, after my sister, eons ago, put on a pair of jeans, felt something wiggling on her leg, smashed and scratched the itch, only to find a mushy squished cricket on her leg when she took off the pants. Blech!!

The K Family said...

WOW! I just got chills reading this! HOW SCARY! I would have been mortified!!!

Melissa said...

Oh yuck.....that is like my worst nightmare. I woulda said SNOW DAY lol..

and maybe i'm a dumbass.. but what do u mean by, plug my car in?? Do you drive an electric car?

blueviolet said...

I wouldn't have thought about a bug in the winter but in the summer I do shake my shoes!

I'd drive a block and a half too. Naturally!

That One Mom said...

I don't know what's worse, the spider or the cold.

Brian Miller said...

oh, you so need a warm cup of tea and go back to be to start over...a spider big enough to feel, not good at all!

carma said...

I get the sense that you are not having a good day ;-)

otin said...

TRINITY!!!! You stop calling your Mom a jerk!! (I hope my scolding helped?)

We have black widow spiders here, that you find in places like that. You really have to be careful.

The Waylaid Wordsmith said...

Awww. It sucks when kids are mean to us poor moms.

Also, I will not keep any articles of clothing or store any baby equipment in the garage for fear of that exact sort of scenario. *shudder*

Our car goes to work with my husband, but if I could drive my 5-year-old to school I'd do it too!

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you.

magda said...

you know, i was hoping for a cute little mouse. an irrational fear of spiders made me all edgy and anxious before reading what it actually was. i would have to cancel the whole day if it happened to me. will you be retrieving it for a picture?

Missy said...

Is there something wrong with wearing flip-flops all year? You did have a bad day! The spider pic has caused me to hyperventilate! Did I spell that correctly?

Santa Claus said...

HO HO HO! Trinity, you be a good girl for Mommy! Merry Christmas!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Yuck! OMG I can't believe that it was under your toe. That is just so yucky! Oh poor you! From now on I will always shake out my shoes!

Janie B said...

OMG!! A spider? For real? Gross to the nth degree! I'm glad I shake out my shoes! So...you're a jerk today. Tomorrow you could be an angel...or a witch... or an idiot. *sigh* Such is life between mothers and daughters.

kys said...

Eeek! I hate spiders almost as much as I hate snakes. Now I'll be checking all my shoes.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

This is kind of one of my phobias...I always dump my shoes out before I put them on. A spider bite me once on the foot and I could barely walk. Had to go to the doctor and everything.

Hopefully it was dead before you put your shoe on?