Saturday, January 30

Answers: Part Deux

Kay, here we go
Magda at I'm Just Sayin'  
Why do you blog?
My reasons for blogging are different than when I started out.  It was at the urging of my BFF, (who is my biggest fan - Lisa at Book Blab ) telling me what a talented writer I was.  So, in the beginning it was just an online journal of my daily life as a single mom for friends and family that might not get to see us everyday.  Now,  it is still about Trinity's crazy antics, but have found my way into a wonderful community of bloggers that I absolutely adore.  It has, in some ways, become my social life.

Aimee at Don't Bug Me, I'm Blogging
If you could go anywhere with Trinity where would you go and why?
Disneyland! Without a doubt.  I love Disneyland... I was married once (way back when), and that was where I insisted on going for my honeymoon.  (we're divorced now - perhaps that's why)
and,
What is one thing you really want for yourself? Just for you, to spoil yourself.










Seriously... I suffer from chronic back pain.  So, a massage would be nice.

Missy at Is it Just Me
How did you get the nerve to do this?
LOL... I'm really not a private person.  I'm not afraid to share. Basically ~ I have no shame!! (snort)
and.
Are there any questions you are afraid that will be asked?
Can't tell you.  Then somebody would ask it!!! ;)

Unknown Mami
What is your favorite think about yourself? Do not be modest.
Hmmm, kay.  I love my inner emotional strength and compassion, and that I've managed to keep my head above water and sense of humour in tact, despite having chronic depression ~  Oh, and I like my nose.  My boobs and ass, that's another story.

Tracie at Stir-Fry Awesomeness
If time and money were not issues where would go for your next vacation??
Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland.

Matty at Matty Thoughts
If you could go back in time and change one thing, knowing what you know now, what would it be?
That's a good one. Thought about this a long time. I would honestly have to say NOTHING.  Really. I believe everything we do, every moment or opportunity has potential to be life altering. I shudder to think that any one of those decisions, good or bad,  would have led me on a path that did NOT include my daughter being here.

BlueViolet at A Nut in a Nutshell 
Well, just how frackin' old are you?
LOL... Chronologically, I'll be 42 this April. Emotionally I'm still 25.  and Physically, I feel 74. ;)

From Otin at Wizard of Otin
"If you had an 85 year old kidney to survive, and you were the only match, would you donate it?"
Oh wow, Otin... How did I just know it would be this kind of question.  I probably wouldn't ... I would save if for a child, or someone younger.  I don't know, that just sounds wrong. . .  Maybe I would.... No wait, I wouldn't.  I don't know.

Christine at Raised Queer  
K, a lot of times people tell me who they think I look like. Like famous people I resemble and I was wondering who do you get told you most look like?
Well, I have been compared to Sandra Bullock more times than I can count. 

Lori at Family Trees May Contain Nuts
I want to know what you think was your biggest mistake in life?
My biggest mistake... hmmm.  doing an "Ask me ANYTHING" post (snicker)   Seriously, I can't think of anything I've done that I would change. It sounds corny, but every mistake has led me here.  Having said that... (I'm digging deep here just for you, Lori) When I was 17, I became pregnant and gave my son up for adoption.  I have ALWAYS wished things could have been different for us, even though I know it was the right thing to do at the time. He will be 24 this year.  Not a day goes by....

Carma Sez
Did you enjoy having your own esthetics business?
I loved it!! I never felt like I was "working".  I lost the business due to a flood a while back. Would love to start up again once I get back on my feet.

Lauren at Mud Mama
"Do you have a day gig?" (besides being Trinity's awesome mommy?) Oh, and fave color :)
Day gig ~ I'm a court reporter/transcriber. I work from home in my jammies, and I absolutely love it. 
Favorite colour is Indigo Blue.

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom
Here's a question - What's the most inappropriate thing you've done in the last six months? The thing that makes you look back and cringe?
I dated a guy who turned out to be 26!!!! Despite the "high fives" from friends... it just felt weird.  But, I do smile from time to time knowing that I can still bag a hot 26 yr old. ;)  (maybe that's the inappropriate part)

That was so much fun.  Thanks for all the great questions....
Photobucket

25 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I always wonder why people started blogging. It's funny how many people were convinced to do it by a friend!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

You are a brave and honest woman!

Together We Save said...

I love this!! How awesome!! I know you so much better now.

Dana said...

This was too much fun. I may have to do this on my blog! :)

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

That's so funny...I'm also told I look like Sandra Bullock a lot! Are we long lost sisters?? :)

ModernMom said...

This set of questions/answers is even better then the last!
Sandra Bulock eh?
Yep, it's official, you are too cute!

SamiJoe said...

Yes,i too want Brad to myself. Sigh.
I loved this post--good questions all!

Janie B said...

Very interesting. You are brave to take on questioners. Good answers.

Matty said...

I thought I might get you thinking on that one. Sounds like you did. Good answer.

Maven said...

I LOVED these!

Damn! I was so busy last week I missed the chance to ask you anything.

Great answers though :-)

mudmama said...

Thanks for your honesty---you are amazing! You gave me chills with your story.
How great to work from home like that in jammies- yay!
A 42 year old girlfriend of mine is dating (living with) a 27 yr old and, she, um ... seems to be having a lot of fun!
XOXO
L

magda said...

ok, i think i forgot to comment on yesterday's post about your slow trip to hell and back. i very much relate to that and could never have said it so well. interesting that you are compared to sandra bullock b/c in yesterdays comment i suggested she play you, in your sitcom, having thought nothing of similar looks. although, i can see it now. i am tripping out on your bravery and honesty regarding your son. i have never known of someone who has made a decision as tough as that. love you even more and hope you get to disney soon, for my own selfish reasons. you are a terrific writer and i feel lucky to have you in my social life. on some days, you are the only adult conversation i have besides my husband. you must watch cougar town now...because you are a cougah! nice work! ♥☻☼..check those babies out♪♫↑→←. is there one for a middle finger? just askin♥

otin said...

LOL! I was not really expecting you to answer it! I think a few words were missing from the question, though?

I thought that I missed the whole question thing!

carma said...

Yay! thanks for putting my question in there :-) I'm jealous (a) that you have an awesome nose and (b) that we are roughly the same age give or take a year and I'm not sure I could bag a 26 year old, but then I'm not sure my husband would appreciate me trying ;-)

carma said...

Otin's question has me confused - did he mean the kidney was 85???

Juliana said...

Michele-These were great. I really liked reading them and getting to know you better. Hope you had a great weekend!

Tracie said...

I'm not sure if I'm more jealous of your nose or ability to bag a 26 yr. old. The only way I could get one is with a trap and a net.

Unknown Mami said...

Very revealing. Love it.

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Ah I must love you partially for our shared lack of privacy. I too am an open book and I just love learning more about you! How fabulous!

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

26 year old huh? That had to make you feel good!

I love this idea. It is a great way to get to know you better. I am going to read the first part now.

I tagged you at my blog

http://flyinggigglesandlollipops.blogspot.com/2010/01/5-5-5-tag.html

Joy said...

That Brad Pitt photo for your answer about what would you want for just yourself was great. Gave me a grin.

sheila said...

That is brave and honest! Great answers!!! The last was my favorite, lol.

over from azmomma

Danielle said...

Sent over via ArizonaMamma,, love love love that she sent me to some great bloggers like yourself. I look forward to following and reading more!
Danielle

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

You are so lucky to never feel like you are "Working"! How blessed-- I don't know how that feels yet, but I will... someday.

I LOVE your answer for Disneyland-- I'm a huge Disney fan myself!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Desert Rose said...

New follower! Came from Arizona Mamma's blog.