Friday, January 29

Ask Me Answers

Wow, there are some great questions coming in.  This is totally fun. 
Here are a few, and I'll add the rest later today.

If you have one that you'd like to add, feel free!!

First one, Hmmm ... I'll start with something cheeky. Any TV series that you can categorize as your guilty pleasure?
Well, humph... that's  a tough one. I don't really watch TV anymore.  Any spare time I do have is usually spent blogging, sleeping, or showering. Seriously... I NEVER watch TV.  It's sad, I know.

From Mrs. BlogAlot , If you were a bumper sticker, how would you read?
LMAO... that's a good one.  Took me a while to think of one, but I'd have to say
"Good mothers have dirty ovens, sticky floors and happy kids"

From Dana at Homeschool 101 , Well, of course, it's the old favorite: what's your most embarrassing moment? LOL!
Oh, I got a million of them that rank as MOST embarrassing - I'm the one that will asked the NON-pregnant lady when she was due? that kind of stuff, but...

1999. Hot date. First date. Wore a brand new pair of jeans.  As we're getting out the car, he asks "Are those new jeans?" I say, "Um, no.  Why?" Then he points to my pant leg, which had the size strip thing still stuck to the side.  So much for honesty. 
Later, same night. . . having a nice dinner. Crab legs. While trying to get a piece of meat out, my fork slipped. Crab leg went flying and hit the lady in the head at the table next to us. 
After dinner, we were off to the movies. As we were walking to our seats I tripped and fell forward, spraying popcorn everywhere, and scraped me knee. Then, during the movie I went to take a sip of my pop while skooched down low in my seat. Lid came off, spilled pop all over my WHITE shirt. 
Before leaving the theater, I felt something happening that was totally unexpected. I went to the washroom. No tampons. SHIT. So, I improvised with some toilet paper to last for the ride home.  As I was getting out of the car, it must have shifted during the ride, and YEP.... it made its way down my pant leg and fell onto the ground at my feet.  I kicked it under his car in an effort to hide it, but I'm pretty sure he saw it.
He called a few days later, and we went out again.
Go figure.

From Jenners at Life with a Little One and More  What is the earliest memory you have?
My earliest memory is standing in my crib, pulling out every single kleenex and letting them fall one by one on the floor until the box was empty.  I still remember the look on my mom's face.
And,

We are about the same age with a child about the same age. How do you feel about being "an older mom?" (I'm hoping you aren't taking offense!!!!)
No offense at all.  That's a loaded question. For the most part, I love being this age with a small child. I'm much more "together" emotionally, and I think that makes me a better mom than I would have been in my 20's.  But, I do wish I had the energy I did back then. And I absolutely worry about not living long enough to be a grandma.

From Brian at Waystion One ,
If today was a free day, with no responsibilities, what would you be doing?
LOL... I would be blogging, of course, and drinking an insane amount of coffee!

From Blog-Ignoamus , Lemme see...I find that I can relate to so much of what you write; although I could be your mother and have different life experiences.Why do you think that is?
Probably because I'm older than you think. LOL
And some people are just "meant to be". Something clicks. And the rest becomes history.

From The Absence of Alternatives , Oh man. All the other ones are all kind of polite... I have been asking anybody online that would give me the chance: Have you had a Brazilian? And would you recommend it?
Yes, once ~ by mistake ~  and no, I wouldn't recommend it. 
I had my own esthetics business for years, so I do all of my own waxing. I don't recommend a self inflicted Brazillian either.


Okay... that's it for today.  Stay tuned for part deux...
Photobucket

19 comments:

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Good questions, even better answers! I love the bad date! How embarrassing! You must have looked hot in a white shirt soaked with pop. Or he was so stunned by your wit that he had no choice but to ask you out again. :)

I've thought about doing this, but I'm pretty sure that no one really wants to know anything else about me!

And I don't watch tv either. I feel so out of the loop when people are talking about it. But then again, I really don't care. I have my own kids to think about and I have to say that I really do not care who the bachelor guys marries... :)

Brian Miller said...

teehee. love the first date story. totally seeing the crab leg flying through the air. and i could use a free day to catch up on my reader...lol.

Janie B said...

Good questions and answers. Funny stories (as usual with your posts). Have a great day!

blueviolet said...

Well, just how frackin' old are you? You're making it seem like you're ancient. Cut it out! You can't even be as old as I am.

otin said...

I missed the whole thing! I loved the dating story. I probably would have gone out with you a second time because a guy likes a girl who is more clumsy than him.

I would have asked you, "If you had an 85 year old kidney to survive, and you were the only match, would you donate it?"

Amy said...

wow this was fun.... I get to learn more about you..

Missy said...

Good questions and good answers! Again, you are a brave woman!

magda said...

the date story is too much. here in this episode of your sitcom, i think your adorable awkwardness might best suited for Sandra Bullock.

Christine said...

Ooh...ooh...*jumping up and down with hand raised*...pick me, pick me!!!

I have a question for Michele:)

K, a lot of times people tell me who they think I look like. Like famous people I resemble and I was wondering who do you get told you most look like?

That's it! I know....I know....but all the great questions were used up. heehee.

Lori E said...

What a great idea this is. Were you ready with made up questions of your own in case no one asked anything? No, that is not my question for you, I mean it is my question but not the one that I want to know about you.

I want to know what you think was your biggest mistake in life?

carma said...

very informative!! That was quite a date - I'm not much of a TV watcher either so I am always out of the loop on TV related blog posts.

Did you enjoy having your own esthetics business? whenever I go for my laser hair treatments (not Brazilians ;-) - I think it would be so much fun to be certified and do this as a living - or am I making it all sound much too glamorous??

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

NO. NO. NO. You did NOT give yourself a brazilian! After the first rip, how in god's name did you have the ability to finish the job?

Here's a question - What's the most inappropriate thing you've done in the last six months? The thing that makes you look back and cringe?

Matty said...

I've done that too, asking a woman who was not preggo when she was due. OUCH!

I love your answer about the bumper sticker.

mudmama said...

OMG----as usual, you are cracking me up! The embarrassing date was hilarious (well, for your readers ;)BELIEVE me, I have plenty to match it, just ask my highschool girlfriends who are currently on witness protection program )
And the brazillian q and a ... quite amusing.
Being a mom, your age-ish, maybe a little older?-i totally relate to what you said, especially considering starting all over again! yikes!

Ok. i may have missed something, but I am now raising my hand ... "Do you have a day gig?" (besides being Trinity's awesome mommy?)

Oh, and fave color :)

I wanna share a great bumper sticker with you that i just saw soon, too!

xx

Mrsblogalot said...

I love those answers!!!!! You did awesome!!

We really need that bumper sticker on the market (-:

Dana said...

Loved the answers!!! The date story sounds like a slap-stick comedy movie. LOL Hysterical!

Alyssa said...

Love the bumper sticker question that is too funny- actually they were all really good questions. You are very witty. I am following your blog and glad I came across it i will be back to visit again very soon I really enjoyed it. Going to read more now!

Arizona Mamma said...

I can't believe you went out with that guy again. Maybe he found your propensity for disaster endearing! ;)

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Hilarious! I cannot believe the luck you had with that date. I can see me leaving the size tag on as well, that is something I would totally do!