Welcome to the launch of "FREAK OUT FRIDAY" !!
Got a "freak out" you want to share? Why not play along - share your freak out with us!!
Freak outs can happen anywhere, at home or in public.
There are many versions of the Freak Out, which may inlcude, but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
1. Screaming like you just lit them on fire. This is the starting point for any good freak out. It can be directed at you, the cat, the socks that feel funny, the barbie shoe that keeps falling off... (insert frustration of choice)
2. There could be name calling. Like, "JERK" , "STUPID FACE," or "CHICKEN BUTT CRAP HEAD"!!
3. There could be an exceptionally loud noise to compliment your child wailing ie: A slamming door, a hairbrush cracking the bathroom mirror, the TV crashing to the floor.... stuff like that.
4. There could be threats; which is a nice touch to any good freak out. ie:
"If you don't make me a pancake, I'll stomp on your elbow."
You may even reply with something sarcastic, like
"Ya, I'd like to see that happen, shorty"...
but, be careful. this is the beginning of the slippery slope known as the Tandum Freak Out. The fight in which you will lose everytime because kids will always comeback with something that
5. If the words "I hate you" are uttered at any time by your little miracle then you definately got yourself a bonifide freak out. And if you keep trying to control the situation in an effort to make them stop. . . then you have also
6. If you get hit in the head with any article of clothing this definately qualifies.
~ If it's still warm because they were wearing it before hand,
this takes freak out to a whole
My Friday Freak Out, courtesy of Trinity and a strong aversion to the word "NO"
"Mommy, can I have a some cookies?"
Are you hungry? You just had a snack at Daddy's house before you got home.
"It was just a stupid oreo. I'm soooooo hungry. I could eat the whole earth. Puh leeeez, mommy"
I'm sorry Hon, it's bedtime now.
Her face contorts. I know it's coming. I wait for it..... then ~ Waaaaahhhhhhhh.
It has begun.
Stomp, stomp, stomp. SLAM.
Door opens slightly. Then SLAM. A second time for good measure?
Door opens again. Brief pause.
"I HATE YOU"
I enter the room. Get hit in the head with warm underwear.
God, I love my child.