Friday, January 22

Freak out Friday



Freak outs.  So many to choose from.
It was a busy week for Trinity in the Freak Out department.
I'll just give you the highlights

Tim Hortons drive thru.
No chocolate Long Johns. 
The screaming begins.  Kicking so hard that her boot flew off her foot and hit her in the head.  More screaming.
Crackled voice from drive-thru speaker asks if everything is all right. 
Calmly pay for my double-double. Get sympathy smile from dude at window.
Pull into parking stall, sip up coffee goodness, wait for eardrums to stop riinging.
Sorry, Trinity, no donuts for you.
(sounding like Tom Hanks "There's NO crying in baseball")
"There will be no crying over chocolate."

Later, same day, give child bedtime snack. 
Screams from living room. 
Check to see if child is on fire ~ nope.  Bleeding?  Nope. 
Problem:  Not enough chocolate sauce in milk.  Can't taste the chocolate. 
More kicking, Milk cup flies across the floor. 
Sorry, Trinity, no bedtime snacks for you. 
"There will be no crying over chocolate"

Next day, child comes running out of school doors looking very upset. 
"I HATED my snacks today.  I wanted my chocolate granola bar!!!!!"
Crying ensued.  Dropping to her knees in schoolyard seemed appropriate. 
Kicking and wailing on the way home. 
Sorry, Trinity, no after school snacks for you.
"There will be no crying over chocolate."

Put sweet, sweet child to bed.  Silence fills the house.
Grab secret stash of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. 
Savour the melty chocolate goodness.
A tear comes to my eye.
There is no crying over chocolate.

Photobucket

28 comments:

FeliciaE said...

Thanks I needed that chuckle this morning. The privelage of being a mom, we get to have chocolate when and how we please.

Nancy C said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a testy kiddo and secret reserves of the good stuff.

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

It seems like I just read your last Freak Out Friday. Where did the week go?

This totally sounds like my daughter. I guess I have many more years of tantrums over chocolate!

Lisa said...

Seriously, womans? YOU ARE INCREDIBLE! HOW do you write like that?! It's a gift. I'm not even kidding. You are amazing. SO PROUD OF YOU. Sniff.

And also damn funny! LOVE you, and your chocoloate.

Erin said...

THat was such a fun read--and I'm always glad to know I'm not alone as I'm suffering through battles in the mommy trenches!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I'm glad you found me through Lee--she is a doll!! We got to meet last weekend and I'm so excited. Anyway, I'm here to return the favor & am your newest follower!

;-)
Happy Friday! Have some more Cadbury eggs for me!

recoveringprocrastinator said...

Lack of chocolate seems like a perfectly legitimate reason to cry :)

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

Love this and love your blog and all your comments on mine and that you made me your cool blog of the day!! Thanks!! I am your newest follower and all around nudge!!

magda said...

First off, the dude was not offering a smile of compassion, it was lust. Because even through the screams of your wild offspring and the drive threw window, he sensed your awesomeness. Drive threw dudes don't give a shit if your kid is crying unless you are HOT. What I enjoy most about your freakout Fridays is that they detail scenarios that would make me lose it and you report it with wit and what feels like serenity.

My favorite response to a tantrum over any object or activity of desire: "If chocolate makes you cry like this than it is not a good snack for you" "If that drill makes you cry when you have to wait your turn, it must not be the right toy for you". Sooooo passive aggressive-ish.

Brian Miller said...

i bet you made the guy on the drive thru speakers day...

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Behold the power of chocolate

otin said...

Trinity is justified this time! Every time I weigh myself, I see crying over chocolate lmao!

Leanne said...

Lol. Boy, I need to make a secret stash but I'll have chocolate AND wine. Now, that's a GREAT idea. :)

The Absence of Alternatives said...

Perfection.

Mrsblogalot said...

HA!!! Definitely no crying over chocolate! Boys yes. Chocolate- NO.

Christine said...

Sounds like Trinity is seriously jonesing. Poor girl. You should totally slip an egg under her pillow:)
She'll be saying 'to hell with the tooth fairy...bring on the Cadfairy'.
Okay, maybe not...
Heading to kitchen for more java aka brain juice:)

Laraf123 said...

As an SMC of two sons under the age of three, you can bet I have a secret stash of chocolate. It waits patiently for me to retrieve it in secret after the boys (finally) fall asleep!

Amo said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a quite a week, too! Aren't tantrums great? My son hasn't discovered the awesomeness of chocolate candies yet. If I give him half an M & M, he spits it out on the floor because of the hard texture. He doesn't understand that if he bit into it, he would love it. After all, he does love ice cream. Here's to tantrums!

Unknown Mami said...

Wonderful post. I particularly love the ending.

Tracie said...

I have to hand it to her, I cry when I'm out of chocolate, too. :)

mudmama said...

Oh, the irony! The power of that cocoa bean!:)

mudmama said...

ps) I just did my own (a day late) for the fun ... or therapy ... of it! Thanks :)

ModernMom said...

LOL Oh how I loved this! I too keep a secret stash of all things bad for kids but clearly required for Mommys to survive!

Amy said...

Chocolate rocks and so do you. Thanks for always stopping by and being so sweet to me. YOu so rock..

Have a great weekend.

carma said...

Good for you and the secret stash ;-)

I'm such a softie I probably would have woken her up to share some - or would I ?

Hope you are doing well!

The K Family said...

Sounds like an early drama queen on your hands. :) My son acts the same way....outburts over the silliest things.

Tiffany said...

can i just tell you that i danced a jig, literally, tonight when my whining children finally went to bed tonight.

oh, how i would love a piece of chocolate right now.

blueviolet said...

Dear Lord, what will happen when she hits PMS?

Lisa said...

Too Funny!
Love it!