Sunday, January 24

Kudo's to Trinity




I've been thinking.
For the sake of humour, Trinity seems to have taken a bum rap.
She has her Freak Outs, 'tis true. 
But all kidding aside, they are nothing compared to the wonderful, witty, thoughtful soul she is.
She always astounds and amazes me.
I thought she deserved a little Kudo's her way...

Every morning I hear the little pitter patter of sleepy feet make their way across the hall.  With squinty eyes, morning hair, and arms full of stuffies and books she climbs under the covers with me.  This is always followed by a morning breath kiss and snuggle under my chin. 
Then, it's story time. She has decided that because I read her a story every night, she gets to read ME a story in the morning. 
I look forward to this more than my morning coffee. (and its hard to rank higher than caffine, in my world)

Yesterday morning, she was making us a "surprise" and I was not allowed to come downstairs until she was done. This was tough. I could hear chairs shifting across the kitchen floor, dishes clanking together, water running. My mind flashed back to other times when she had a surprise up her sleeve... like THIS one,



But, despite my sweaty palms, I waited.  When she was finished, she led me downstairs like a maitre d' at a fine restaurant.  And this is what I saw.



She had taken a small end table and put it in the kitchen, and set up the most charming "table" for us. We had a wonderful breakfast together in the middle of the kitchen. It was awesome.



There was also the time her teacher called me aside and told me how proud she was of Trinity for comforting a friend that was crying after being teased by some boys in her class.  Trinity apparenty had told the boys to leave her alone, put her arm around her friend, and softly and sweetly tried to cheer her up. 

Just this week she has given her mittens to a friend who didn't have any, made a get well card for her teacher who was sick, showered me with unexpected kisses a thousand times, and suggested we give her old clothes to families that dont have enough. 
She is a goof; always trying to make us laugh.  
She is the most caring and empathetic little soul I have ever met, far beyond her years. 
She is my wish come true, the love of my life, and she has taught me more than I could ever teach her in return. 

She has taught me the true meaning of love, and laughter . . . and the art of facepainting! ;)



Photobucket

24 comments:

SamiJoe said...

That last picture reminds me of "Red, Green & Yellow" by Robert Munsch!
What a sweetheart!
It's easy to *bag* our kids- we are with them all the time! LOL

Amy said...

She is so sweet. We all have our moments..

otin said...

Now, you do realize that we all knew that you were just exaggerating a little bit for the sake of blog material? At least I did. That surprise was very sweet of her!

The K Family said...

Great post Michele. Such a sweet girl on your hands.

Brian Miller said...

what a great post. wonderful surprise! i love those early morning moments with my boys....

Together We Save said...

Oh it is so sweet she made breakfast for you!!

blueviolet said...

Now girl, you know we took that stuff with a grain of salt. We know she's your heart and the sweetest daughter ever!

Love you!

mama-face said...

What a girl...takes after her mom I suspect. I love that she wants to read to you in the morning and that you call them "stuffies"...we do too! My boy lines them up in a ritualistic manner every night before bed. ah...

Jenners said...

Awwwww...that little meal was adorable! And she sounds like a sweet soul. It is so easy to milk the comedy from our kids' antics ... so it nice to write about all the sweet things sometimes too.

Tracie said...

That was so sweet of her. I never thought she was throwing tantrums all day long. If she did, you wouldn't be sane enough to blog. Or sober enough.

mudmama said...

A little mommy guilt-eh? ;)Heeheehee, I TOTALLY relate! (I did a freak-out Friday too, we all need a little venting/comic relief sometimes no matter how awesome our kiddos are) It is obvious how much you adore your sweet girl!!!! How precious all those little stories are---love the little special meal for mom, and reading to you in bed. What a lovebug! xoxoxo

3 Men and a Lady said...

What a cute picture at the end! I am guessing in one of the earlier ones she gave herself a new haircut? LOL

magda said...

she is seriously delicious, just sweet and yummy and pure.
is there a greater gift, than who we get to become when our children are born?

Chelsea said...

Great Post :-)

Arizona Mamma said...

Adorable. Isn't it wonderful what these little people add to our lives?

Christine said...

Ahhh, Trinity is the bomb. Seriously.
We all know how much you love her and how much light she brings into your life.
Thank you for sharing your mostly ups & occasional downs, and for giving kudos when they are due!

Clueless_Mama said...

What a beautiful post. You two are so sweet together. Great picture by the way:)

Laraf123 said...

What wonderful images! My son went through a stage where he would bring a book to my bed every morning. So very sweet. You are a very lucky family!

Maven said...

That was beautiful - you will be so happy for these blogs one day. And you are BEAUTIFUL too!

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Great post. Kids have a way of covering both extremes, don't they? There once was a girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead and when she was good, she was so good but when she was bad... ;)

I love the table and breakfast. And it sounds like she's a very compassionate soul. No wonder all the boys are interested...:)

Corrie Howe said...

What a wonderful daughter to have around. She'll continue to be a wonderful young woman, I'm sure.

Lisa said...

Awww! This post made me tear up!!! She is an extraordinary soul... just like her mother.

Love you both.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

She's too precious!

The Absence of Alternatives said...

:-)