Sunday, January 10

Pillow Talk

Last night = insomnia.  Crap on toast.
But, I was entertained...

Let me explain,
Trinity has started talking in her sleep.  I mean, REALLY talking in her sleep, not just mindless mumbles ~ real, full blown conversations, and staying true to her waking hours, she DOESN"T STOP TALKING!!

When she was younger I often wondered what babies dream about, what goes on inside their little budding minds.
So, now I'm thinking this is very cool.  A little glimpse into the mind of my child, right? 
Here are some of the highlights..

"NO WAY ~ are you serious?? That was the best you can do?  Try again, SAM .  No, no, do it like this.  If you just put it in sideways, it will work much better, and then the pickle doesn't get squished."

"I know it's hard cuz you don't have hands, but just whack it... like this" (flailing arms in the air)

"Mine is the rainbow, you can be the peanut butter."

"Ugh.. I'm pushing as hard as I can ! Why don't we just write a song about it instead."

"Okay, SAM, I'm NOT telling you again... geez, there's no such thing as ghosts here.  They only live in  Australia!!!  It's probably just a donut, or something."

"I have a great idea... go get the cow."

"Push it closer to the edge.  That way, if it doesn't fly , it can land on the toothpaste."

SAM with a pickle, some peanut butter and a cow???





Do I even want to know?

20 comments:

blueviolet said...

Ok, that is HILARIOUS!! What in the world was going on there?

otin said...

I think that Sam and Trinity need some separation! lol

It actually sounds like something that you might read in a children's book.

Lori E said...

My husband used to talk in his sleep but it was never this funny.
You will have to blog live from now on so the rest of us who don't sleep will have something good to read in the middle of the night.

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I found that if my son had sugar or chocolate too late it would have him walking/talking in his sleep. I stopped allowing him to hae any of that past 6pm and it's cut this all out quite a bit.

Janie B said...

That is so funny! It reminds me of my youngest daughter. She talked and walked in her sleep. Once she came into the kitchen to tell us she couldn't find her shoes. Yep! Totally asleep!

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

I think that was a peek into a very creative mind at work.

Matty said...

They've always said that out of the mouths of babes, oft time come gems. Now we even have out of the dreams of babes...........

Brian Miller said...

hahaha. this is hillarious! i love it when my boys talk in their sleep. they say the most amazing things....sam with a pickle and peanut butter...lol.

Andrea (ace1028) said...

What an excellent recap. Hilarious! Thanks for your sweet comment today. xoxox I'd follow you as many times as I could, too, woman!

carma said...

evidently the mind of a child is a very scary thing ;-)

Missy said...

Very interesting! Watch her for sleep walking! LOL

Nancy C said...

I love this. Sometimes, I listen to my four year old talk himself to sleep. He's recaps his day, and it's an interesting window into his world.

Aren't they odd little creatures? Delightful, though.

mudmama said...

verrrrry interesting! Have you met Mr SAM yet?

Flying Giggles and Lollipops said...

That is hilarious! My daughter just began to talk in her sleep. A few nights, she even walked in her sleep, that was a little freaky!

Christine said...

Oh Dear God...are you sure you weren't dreaming?
LMAO

magda said...

ok, when i opened this comment window, 8 hours ago, there were 15 comments. interesting to see how many have posted since. i feel that having the comment window should save you a place in line.

anyway, very interesting sleep dialog... it is sweet that you wanted to listen. i am finished listening as soon as they fall asleep and stop demanding i listen.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Ok. This is possibly one of the funniest things I've ever read. Ever.

It's not an Australian ghost. It's a donut. DUH!

The Absence of Alternatives said...

Since I am new to your blog, I am trying to figure out who Sam is. Is she (he?) like Soren Lorenson? Anyway, this is yet another precious record of Trinity.

Aimie said...

Love the post!!

I love when my munchkins talk in their sleep too!

Monkey's Momma said...

That is too funny!