Monday, February 8

Sugar Highs and Lows


First of all....
I am not sitting here eating a bunch of Trinity's sour gummy worms while she lay sound asleep and blissfully unaware. 
But,  if I was doing that (which I am not), and just happened to inadvertently eat them all, you can bet that I would not be running back to the store when she's in school tomorrow to buy a replacement bag or two....(okay, maybe three...  four tops... no more than five.)




And....
While at the corner store and spotting an ex-boyfriend walk in, I did not immediately duck and run for cover behind a Dorito's display like a lunatic to avoid being seen. 
And if that happened (which it did not), my motivation most certainly would not be on account of the fact;  I had no make up on, bandana on my head, and still wearing the pyjama's I slept in the night before.


Also....
  I did not find myself resorting to brilliantly capitalizing on Trinity's admiration for Jeremy in a patheric effort to to do some creative parenting.
For instance:
I did not get her to clean her room by telling her that Jeremy could come over for a playdate
Nor, did I tell her that eating her carrots and peas, and going to bed a half hour early will  make her skin smooth and soft.


And last but not least
 I did not scarf down like a dog pleasantly enjoy some Eggo Waffles smothered beyond all recognition with syrup, heaps of icing sugar, and a dash of cinnamon while Trintiy was at her dad's. 
Furthermore,  I did not repeat this nutritional meal FOUR times that same day, emptying the entire box (binge much?). 
And most importantly, I did not stare at the empty plate, hesitate briefly, and then lick clean the remaining gooey goodness.
 
 
 Photobucket

21 comments:

DG at Diary of a Mad Bathroom said...

Sour Gummy Worms are hard for me to stop eating too. Same for Sour Patch Kids, Sour Warheads and any other sour candy.

Christine said...

LMAO...that photo was priceless! I haven't licked a plate clean since I was a child; I'd forgotten how satisfying it could be.
That's my goal this week...thanks for the inspiration! :P

Aimie said...

You always brighten my day!! That was a great silly post!! Love the go to bed early and eat veggies for smooth skin!! Gonna try that myself LOL!!:)

Thanks for making me giggle this morning!

SamiJoe said...

I love these NOT ME posts! They are too good!

blognut said...

You didn't?

I think you should totally do all of those things!

Brian Miller said...

lol. i would have licked the plate clean! gummy sour worms are the best!

Tiffany said...

are bandana, no makeup and pj's not acceptable wear for running into the ex?...must have missed that memo. it's probably why they hide from me...

ModernMom said...

Icing Sugar? Must try that one!
Cheers to you. Love a girl who sneaks gummy worms and hides behind Doritos:)

Arizona Mamma said...

Is iscing sugar the same as powdered sugar?

I certainly have never ducked out to avoid being seen by an ex! That's lunacy.

Lisa said...

Capitalizing on Trinity's admiration for Jeremy truly *is* brilliant -- even if you didn't really do it. Anything it takes to get the job done is my motto!

Great post!

Mrsblogalot said...

So glad you didn't!

So sad I did! (-:

blueviolet said...

I like Sour Patch Kids and Fruits, but then I get so addicted that they scrape the roof right off of my mouth with that crazy sour powder.

otin said...

I did not just sit here and eat a giant Cadbury fruit and nut bar while reading your blog! :)

Chief said...

how was I not a follower already?

pshaw!

craziness!

Matty said...

I did not laugh out loud at this, and I did not think that a woman licking a plate could be so sensual.

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

Oh, there is something about Eggos, isn't there? They're wonderful.

So, um, when's the playdate?? :)

magda said...

Our relationship has been officially consummated. Waffles, syrup, gummy worms, perpetual pjs, denial. Soooo meant to be. I struggled to eat "some" gummy worms today. Because eating "some" and stopping before feeling ill or running out seems, I dunno, like a lack of commitment.

So glad you posted today. This is what I needed. Love your not me mondays. ♥♥♥

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

Those eggos are sounding pretty good to me!

Why is it when we are looking our worst, we run into the x's or in my case, the ex's mother.

Amira said...

LOL! Wow. You are brave for sharing what you *ahem* did not do. Too funny.

mama-face said...

Wait a minute...are Eggo Waffles really good that way? I may have to steal a couple from my boy. :)

mudmama said...

you are so funny! i see myself in the ducking behind the dorritos thing! I actually saw an old highschool beau/kind of boyfriend for the first time in years over the holidays when I was in sweats, no makeup, we were in line next to each other at a movie theater so there was no place to hide! sucked!