Monday, April 12

Playing Pretend ~ Leave your Ego at the Door

“Mommy, let’s play pretend.  You can be my daughter and I’ll be the mom.  So, that means I get to be bossy and wear LOTS of makeup.”

pjun220l

“Mommy, wanna play house with me?   Except we’ll pretend it’s clean, like Grandma’s.”

a_bigkitchen-empty3

“Mommy, let’s play school.  I’ll be the teacher, and you can pretend you’re as smart as me.”

0511-0712-2713-0958

“Mommy, let’s pretend we’re twin sisters.  We’ll both be 19.  So, that means that I pretend to be older, and you get to be young again with smooth skin.”

27834-Clipart-Illustration-Of-Two-Blond-Haired-Blue-Eyed-Caucasian-Women-Twins-Dressed-In-Pink-And-Black-And-White-Standing-Side-By-Side-And-Touching-Hands

Mommy, let’s play family.  Baby Sadie will be my little girl, I’ll be her mommy, and you get to be the Grandma because you have all the wrinkles.”

0511-0812-2901-5536_Spry_Old_Woman_Running_With_a_Walker_clipart_image

Mommy, let’s play restaurant.  I’ll be the server, you be the Chef and we’ll pretend that you can really cook.”

76347-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Girl-And-Her-Mom-Cooking-On-A-Gas-Stove

Hey Trinity... I have an idea.  Let’s play “Life before children”.  You pretend you’re not here, and I’ll pretend ..... 

f3e797f62e32c97911b853e2f9bf65c5

27 comments:

Brian Miller said...

lol. oh my...

feel like you are stuck in an episde of kids say the darndest things...

Amy said...

that is so funny girl... You always make me laugh..

Have a great Monday...

Mrs. D said...

Spot on! They always want to reverse roles and boss you around. I noticed when my son was "the boss" once he was like a drill sergeant! Wonder what that says about me? LOL

Kmama said...

That's awesome.

ModernMom said...

Bwhahaha...kids have no filter:)

Maybe you better get yourself over to my blog and enter into the Perricone MD face cream giveaway! lol

Arizona Mamma said...

Honestly, if we reversed roles around here, I'd be the one bossing little miss sassafrass around ;) She is a stinker through and through. These were great!!

Hey, do you plan on playing along with my new blog hop thing on Wednesday? I think you'd be good at it!

Emmy said...

Lol! Too funny

Carol said...

Isn't it amazing how much our little girls love us and want to be just like us? I remember when Mo was about 5, just the age when all my friends little boys wanted to marry their Momma's and my baby was determined to point out my flaws.
Mo- Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy.
Me- No sweetie.
Mo- Then I think you've been eating too much candy.
Aww, sweet, sweet little girls.

otin said...

We'll pretend that it is clean like Grandmas! haha!

Kacie said...

haha. oh, wow! How do you even respind to those?

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

This was soooooooo funny!
Lindsey Petersen

blueviolet said...

Wow, what did you ever do to deserve that? You are such a goofball!

Lisa said...

True and too, too funny!

mudmama said...

You (and Trinity) are hilarious!
I like your last little fantasy there! As you would say, le sigh ;)

ourladybeth♥ said...

This is the best blog post I've read all week. Yes, YOU ROCK!

Unknown Mami said...

This is a great post! I love it.

Amo said...

That last line was hilarious! I loved it! Yes, sometimes it would be nice to have a day where you get to do all the things you got to do before you became a parent - go out for coffee, go out for lunch, get a pedicure, go shopping and actually get to browse...ahhhh.

carma said...

OUCH!!!

Janie B said...

SO funny! She didn't really say all that, did she? She's so cute.

Matty said...

THIS is why I love reading your posts about Trinity. The things she says are classic.

Sharon said...

Lol. Funny.
I got some nice ideas from myBantu. (http://www.mybantu.com).
Have a great day.

magda said...

ah-ah. no way. too good to be true. really?

so glad i dropped in. maybe i will visit 2 blogs tomorrow.

miss you tons
xo♥

magda said...

why must my mind go directly to an angry and less fun version of this game? please do not answer that.

cynthia said...

LOL. I was rudely interupted by my kids when I started to read this post a couple of days ago. Made me laugh again.

Lori E said...

Ha, ha. Good comeback. See you are as smart as she is.

The Empress said...

I LOVE THIS!!

How creative.

Wonderful post.

magda said...

this is some great shit...you better copyright this..this is your ticket...seriously.

oh and call me already! i lost your number

i ♥ you

i think i want to play this with my husband. why must i look for ways to use good for evil??